I have been experimenting with this and I still am.
I would like to share my latest tutorial on how to make a nice glass background for your picture shot.
You will need:
- Cut glass
- Masking tape
- Silver acrylic paint from Michael's (spray may work even better)
- Sponge brush
1. Take a piece of cut glass in a size that is suitable to your item size. Can be just glass from any old pictures frame.
2. Wash it with the soap and dry it with paper towel.
3. Apply at least two coats of paint on one side of glass. Let it dry between second (or third) coat. Let is completely dry.
4. Cut stripes of masking tape and wrap all sharp edges of the glass. You don't want bleeding while taking pictures shots. How do I know? ;)
5. Place the glass painted side down in your light box and enjoy experimenting.
6. Some more ideas. I have painted another piece of glass in black color. Looks stunning. But be careful of a mirror effect that reflects everything. Though I managed to crop that properly. :)
Next time I am going to try to paint with white color.
7. Almost forgot. When you remove your newly painted glass from your lightbox don't put it on the chair beside you... You may forget and sit down on it. Guess again how do I know that too? LOL